Orlando Area Facts
Orlando is a destination hot spot! There’s so much to do, you’d be hard pressed to fit everything in a week. From theme parks to museums, there’s an unending list of activities and adventures to be had while visiting the bustling city of Orlando. With so much going on, why should you have to tack on worrying about your trailer, boat, RV, or car? At Adult Toy Storage, we’ve got your back. The list of things to consider when visiting or traveling seems like an infinite array of itineraries and more. But we can help you check off a few things from your list by safely storing your vacation vehicle for you. Enjoy the many attractions and more that Orlando has to offer without the stress of worrying about your RV, trailer, car, or boat!
Quick facts about Orlando
- As of 2015, Orlando had an estimated city-proper population of 280,257, making it the 73rd-largest city in the United States, the fourth-largest city in Florida, and the state’s largest inland city.
- The City of Orlando is nicknamed “The City Beautiful,” and its symbol is the fountain at Lake Eola.
- Orlando is also known as “The Theme Park Capital of the World” and in 2016 its tourist attractions and events drew more than 72 million visitors.
- The Orlando International Airport (MCO or OIA) is the thirteenth-busiest airport in the United States and the 29th-busiest in the world.
- The city is also one of the busiest American cities for conferences and conventions; the Orange County Convention Center is the second-largest convention facility in the United States.
- Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida, which is the largest university campus in the United States in terms of enrollment as of 2015.
- Orlando ranks as the fourth-most popular American city based on where people want to live according to a 2009 Pew Research Center study.
- Prior to being known by its current name, Orlando was once known as Jernigan. This name originates from the first permanent settlers, Isaac and Aaron Jernigan, cattlemen who acquired land two miles northwest of Fort Gatlin along the west end of Lake Holden in July 1843 by the terms of the Armed Occupation Act.
- There are at least five stories as to how Orlando got its name. The most common stories are that the name Orlando originated from the tale of a man who died in 1835 during an attack by Native Americans in the area during the Second Seminole War. Several of the stories relay an oral history of the marker for a person named Orlando, and the double entendre, “Here lies Orlando.”
Things to do in Orlando
Beautiful Orlando is practically bursting at the seams with activities and more. Of course, you know there are theme parks likes Disney World and Universal Studios. But here are a few things that you may not knowof but are just as awesome as a day riding roller coasters and meeting Elsa.
- Discovery Cove— Discovery Cove is a one-of-a kind experience where you can interact with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters and even walk on the Grand Reef floor-all in one day. Between adventures, recharge with unlimited island fare and refreshments. With this all-inclusive experience your family can unwind, explore, learn, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Orlando Manatee Encounters—This four-hour kayak tour moves at a leisurely pace, making this a great option for all levels of kayakers. From a safe distance you can observe manatees in their natural habitat and learn about their migration patterns, diet, and more.
- Orlando Museum of Art—This recently renovated museum displays a fine rotating collection of American, pre-Colombian and African art.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not!—Come escape the normal! Haven’t you heard? Odd is in! Orlando’s most unique experience brings the beloved TV show and books to life
- Paddleboard Orlando—This beautiful waterfront Paddleboard Shop is located on private spring fed Lake Killarney (there are no alligators!) Walk right out back and hop on the water in seconds! With lots of different boards to choose from, everyone will find their fit!
Contact us to learn about storing your vehicle in Orlando!