Storing your car shouldn’t be a hassle. Storing your boat shouldn’t be a hassle either. Actually, storing anything shouldn’t be a hassle, especially not items you value like your car, RV, trailer, or boat. That’s where Adult Toy Storage comes in. We’re a trusted Apopka storage facility so you don’t have to worry about your high-dollar items. Your boat, trailer, RV, or car are your vehicles to explore, see the world, and relax. We don’t think you should be stressed about where your vacation-vehicle stays when you’re not chilling out in it.
There’s so much to explore in Apopka, and not having a place to store your vehicle shouldn’t keep you from seeing all that it has to offer. Visit our contact page to find out how we can help.
Quick facts about Apopka
Apopka’s rich history pairs well with its small-town charm, locally-owned businesses and tree-lined neighborhoods. Major shopping areas, entertainment, tourist destinations, and airports are just minutes away with direct access to northwest Central Florida’s growing highway system. Here are a few quick facts to get your started in exploring Apopka!
- The area boasts more than 300 documented species of birds making Apopka a bird watcher’s paradise.
- Each February, Apopka hosts the annual Old Florida Outdoor Festival.
- Apopka comes from Seminole word “Ahapopka” for “Potato eating place”.
- Five buildings in Apopka have been placed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places through the Apopka Historical Society housed in the Museum of the Apopkans.
- The earliest known inhabitants of the Apopka area were the Acuera people, members of the Timucua confederation. They had disappeared by 1730, and were succeeded by refugees from Alabama and Georgia, who formed the new Seminole Indian tribe.
- The early American settlers built a major trading center on the foundations of the earlier Indian settlement. Their population was large enough by 1857 to support the establishment of a Masonic lodge. In 1859, the lodge erected a permanent meeting place at what is now the intersection of Main Street (U.S. Highway 441) and Alabama Avenue.
Things to do in Apopka
There’s plenty to do in Apopka, from shopping to swimming, camping to canoeing! All seasons in Florida are beautiful, but there’s nothing like beating the summer heat with a cool dip in the many lakes and waterways Apopka is home to or taking an evening stroll through one of the several parks located here.
- Get in the game at the 128-acre Northwest Recreation Complex—one of Florida’s premier outdoor sports facilities with 28 fields and a 1,300-seat outdoor amphitheater.
- Enjoy a relaxing tubing experience in the clear blue waters of Kelly Park or hike one of several nature trails. Kelly Park is also a great place to have a picnic and enjoy the weather.
- Rock Springs Run is a tributary of Florida’s Wekiva River, and it’s ideal for canoeing, birdwatching, viewing wildlife and foliage. This tranquil area’s clear blue waters are great for swimming and relaxing by.
- The West Orange Trail is a beginner-friendly, paved biking and pedestrian trail. It’s a smooth 21 miles, or 42-mile round trip, with great views and several parks dotted along its route.
- The Hutchinson Farm Winery has great tours of their vineyard and this family-owned business can educate you on all the notes, flavors, and aspects of the wines they make!
Call us today to learn more!